During Teen Cooking Parties, we teach not only the basics of cooking such as measuring, grating, chopping, mixing, sifting, and sautéing, but also kitchen safety, plating and creating a complete meal.
To get teens and young adults into the kitchen to increase their love for food and build their confidence in wanting to experiment with the preparation of food.
During Teen Cooking Parties, we teach not only the basics of cooking such as measuring, grating, chopping, mixing, sifting, and sautéing, but also your teen will learn about kitchen safety, plating and creating a complete meal to be served and proud of.
Teens that help make their own meals are more likely to eat the food they helped prepare. Our Teen Cooking Parties focus on healthy, delicious foods and lots of hands-on activities.
Your teens will have a blast and unforgettable time together and at the same time, learn how to be self-sufficient by learning the basics of cooking, baking, planning, grocery shopping and food preparation. In our class, teens learn about the foods of different cultures and are introduced to a new way of preparing various nutritious ingredients. Above all, they are going to learn the power of teamwork.
By making their own meal, everyone will want to eat that meal because they feel a sense of pride and “ownership” of it. Preparing food together as a team teaches the teen a sense of responsibility, social skills, table manners and etiquette, accepting the outcome of what they’ve prepared with pride and improving their eating habits because they have chosen each of the ingredients consciously.
How this Works
- Children, ages 10-14, learn fundamental kitchen skills which focus on measuring, mixing, working cleanly and safely in the kitchen and exploring new foods while following age appropriate recipes
- Youths, ages 15-18, get to experiment with simple yet sophisticated menus that they’ll enjoy re-creating at home. They, too, will learn the fundamentals as with our class for “children”, ages 10-14, but they will also learn the basics of knife handling and usage, organization of their prep area and more in-depth cooking and baking techniques and recipes
- You are welcome to register for as many classes as you wish, the possibilities and recipes are endless as is the knowledge to be learned about nutrition itself
- These classes take approximately 2 hours
- After you place your order, we contact you to choose a convenient day and time for your party.
These classes take approximately 2-3 hours and the cost is $400.00 for up to 8 guests. Each additional guest will be charged $60.00; up to maximum 12 guests will be accepted to each class.